- Analysis of breech presentations and associated morbidity and mortality since 1990.
- Risk of SIDS associated with small for gestational age infants.
- Socioeconomic status and SIDS.
- Paternal age and association with congenital malformations.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Alliance Grant. SIDS in the United States, 1991-1998: Characteristices of Very Low Birth Weight Infant SIDS and Trends in Proportionate Mortality Ratio. Total costs: $51,000. June 1, 2001 – May 31, 2003. (Awarded-6/26/01)
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Alliance Grant. SIDS in the United States: Development of Socioeconomic Surveillance Methods. Total costs: $65,100. August 1, 2004-July 31, 2006.
- Malloy MH. Risk of previous very low birth weight-very preterm births among women delivering a very low birth weight-very preterm infant. J Perinatol 1999; 19:1-6.
- Malloy MH and Freeman DH. Birth weight and gestational age specific sudden infant death syndrome mortality: United States 1991 vs 1995. Pediatrics 2000;105:1227-1231.
- Malloy MH and Freeman DH. Trends in respiratory distress syndrome mortality in the United States, 1987 – 1995. J Perinatol 2000;20:414-420.
- Malloy MH and Stroup-Benham CA. Impact of generalist physician initiatives on residency selection. Med Educ Online 2001 6:7. http://www.med-ed-online.org/issue2.htm#res00019.
- MacDorman MF, Mathews TJ, Martin JA, and Malloy MH. Trends in characteristics of induced labor in the United States, 1989-98. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 2002;16:267-273.
- Malloy MH. Trends in postneonatal aspiration deaths and reclassification of SIDS : impact of the “Back to Sleep Program”. Pediatrics 2002; 109:661-665.
- Malloy MH. Enhanced web-based otitis study case vs simple paper-case: impact on medical student objective structured clinical (OSCE) performance. Med Educ Online 2002;7:1. Available from URL http://www.med-ed-online.org.
- Malloy MH. Sudden infant death syndrome among extremely preterm infants: United States 1997-1999. Journal of Perinatology 2004;24:181-187.
- Malloy MH and Freeman DH. Age at death, season, and day of death: impact of the “Back to Sleep” program on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, United States 1992-1999. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004;158:359-365.
- Malloy MH and MacDorman M. Changes in the classification of sudden unexpected infant deaths: United States 1992-2001. Pediatrics 2005;15:1247-1253.
- MacDorman MF, DeClercq E, Menacker F, and Malloy MH. Infant and neonatal mortality for primary cesarean and vaginal births to women with “no inidicated risk”, United States, 1998-2001 birth cohorts. Birth 2006;33:175-182.
- Eggink HB, Richardson CJ, Malloy MH, Angel CA. Outcome of gastroschisis: a 20-year case review of infants with gastroschisis born in Galveston, Texas. J Pediatr Surg 2006;41:1103-1108.
- Malloy MH. Size for gestational age at birth: Impact on risk for sudden infant death and other causes of death, United States 2002. Arch Dis Child. Fetal Neonatal Ed. Published online 21 Feb 2007. http://fn.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/adc.2006.107094. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2007;92:F473-F478.
- Malloy MH and Eschbach K. Association of Poverty with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome in Metropolitan Counties of the United States in the Years 1990 and 2000. Southern Medical Journal 2007;100:1-7.
- Geary C, Caskey M, Fonseca R, Malloy M. Decreased incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia after early management changes including the use of surfactant and nasal continuous positive airway pressure at delivery: an historical cohort study. Pediatrics 2008;121:89-96..
- MacDorman MF, DeClercq E, Menacker F, and Malloy MH. Infant and neonatal mortality for primary
cesarean and vaginal births to low risk women: application of an “Intent to Treat” model. Birth 2008;35(1):3-8.
- Geary C, Fonseca R, Caskey MA, Malloy MH. Improved growth and decreased morbidities in extremely low birth weight infants after early management practice changes: An Historical Cohort Study. J Perinatology 2008;28:347-353.
- Malloy MH. The Impact of Cesarean Delivery on Neonatal Mortality Among Very Preterm Infants: United States 2000-2003. Pediatrics 2008;122:285-292.
- Malloy MH. Impact of cesarean section on intermediate and late preterm births: United States, 2000- 2003.Birth 2009;36:27-34.
- Malloy MH. Infant outcomes of certified nurse midwife attended home births: United States 2000-2004. (Submitted).
CASE REPORTS, SHORT COMMUNICATIONS AND LETTERS:
- Malloy, MH: Anencephaly: a review. Texas Medicine 1973; 69:116-9.
- Malloy MH and Nichols MM: False abdominal aortic aneurysm. J Pediatr 1977; 90: 285-8.
- Malloy MH, Morriss FH, Adcock EW and Denson S: Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring with the Roche 5301 device in newborn infants. Pediatrics 1979; 63:504-5.
- Rassin DK and Malloy MH: Taurine requirements with parenteral nutrition. N Engl J Med 1985; 313:120 (letter).
- Malloy MH; Only the computer knows: logistic regression modeling problems. J Pediatr 1985; 107:646 (letter).
- Malloy MH and Reed GJ: Caution on statistics. Pediatrics 1988; 82: 954-5.
- Friedman SL and Malloy MH: Review of : Newborns at Risk: Medical and Psychoeducational Intervention. Child Develop Abst and Biblio 1988; 62:109.
- Malloy MH: Book Review of Effective Care of the Newborn Infant. Sinclair and Bracken, eds. N Engl J Med 1993;328:1577-8.
- Malloy MH, Peterson DR, and Hoffman H: Malloy and colleagues respond. Am J Public Health 1993;83:1346 (letter).
- Kattwinkel J, Brooks J, Keenan E, and Malloy M: AAP reaffirms nonprone sleeping position endorsement. AAP News 1994;10(2)9.
- Kattwinkel J, Brooks J, Keenan E, and Malloy M: Infant sleep position and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in the United States: joint commentary from the American Academy of Pediatrics and selected agencies of the Federal Government. Pediatrics 1994;93:820.
- Malloy MH: Review of Perinatal and Pediatric Pathophysiology: A Clinical Perspective. Gluckman and Heyman, eds. N Engl J Med 1994;331:410.