When Fiscal Year 2014 ended on Aug. 31, it marked the fifth year in a row that the University of Texas Medical Branch has posted positive financial results. This is a remarkable accomplishment for our institution, especially considering the economic challenges of the past five years and the significant changes taking place in academic health care. It is an accomplishment that can happen only when every member of the UTMB community works together to fulfill our mission in the most productive, effective way.
In analyzing final projections for UTMB’s FY14 financial results, the executive leadership has determined that our positive margin for the year can accommodate a one-time $500 Team Award payment for eligible staff. Team Awards are not available every year, so it is gratifying to be able to offer them this year to recognize the collective efforts and hard work that ensure the ongoing success of UTMB.
Team Awards will be paid on Oct. 3, 2014, to those who:
- have been a benefits-eligible UTMB employee for at least six months as of Aug. 31, 2014,
- are employed by UTMB on the Oct. 3, 2014, payout date,
- are not part of the Faculty Compensation Plan or At-Risk Compensation Plan,
- are not a grant-funded employee with a Compensation Information Form in effect during FY14,
- do not have an overall performance evaluation rating of “Does Not Meet,” and
- if under a Formal Corrective Action Plan at any time in FY14, have documented performance improvement by Aug. 31, 2014, as determined by the manager.
Please note that Team Awards, which are paid from non-state funds, will not affect any individual’s eligibility for a merit raise this year. Details of the FY15 Merit Plan will be communicated before the holidays. For more information on the FY14 Team Awards, please see the related Frequently Asked Questions
On behalf of Dr. Danny Jacobs, executive vice president, provost and dean of medicine, and Ms. Donna Sollenberger, executive vice president and chief executive officer of the UTMB Health System, I want to thank you all for a fantastic year of progress, accomplishment and service. You should take great pride in what you make possible for UTMB, our students, our patients and the health of our state and beyond. We certainly take great pride in working with all of you, and we look forward to a successful FY15.
Dr. David L. Callender