Fiscal Year 2015 has drawn to a close, and it was a very successful one for the university. For the sixth year in a row, UTMB posted positive financial results—a tremendous accomplishment in a changing health care landscape. In addition, we experienced record enrollment, significant growth in patient volumes and worldwide recognition for our research. Such accomplishments can happen only when every member of the UTMB community works together to fulfill our mission in the most productive, effective way.
In analyzing final projections for UTMB’s FY15 financial results, the executive leadership has determined that our positive margin for the year can accommodate a one-time $500 Team Award payment for eligible employees. Team Awards are not available every year, so we are pleased to be able to offer them this year to recognize the collective efforts and hard work that ensure the ongoing success of UTMB’s mission.
Team Awards will be paid on Oct. 2, 2015, to benefits-eligible staff members who:
- have completed at least six months of active employment with UTMB as of Aug. 31, 2015,
- are employed by UTMB on the payout date,
- are not part of the Faculty Compensation Plan, the At-Risk Compensation Plan or any other formalized incentive plan or program,
- did not receive an overall performance evaluation rating of “Does Not Meet” for FY15, and
- if under a Formal Corrective Action Plan at any time in FY15, have documented performance improvement by Aug. 31, 2015, as determined by their manager.
Please note that Team Awards are paid from non-state funds and will not affect any employee’s eligibility for future pay increases. For details on the FY15 Team Awards, please see the related Frequently Asked Questions.
On behalf of Dr. Danny Jacobs, executive vice president, provost and dean of the School of Medicine, Ms. Cheryl Sadro, executive vice president and chief business and finance officer, and Ms. Donna Sollenberger, executive vice president and chief executive officer of the UTMB Health System, I want to thank you all for another fantastic year of progress, accomplishment and service. Your work in service to UTMB, our students and our patients truly improves health and improves lives in Texas and beyond. We are so proud to work with all of you, and we look forward to a successful year ahead.