If you are a new patient with us or would like to learn more about our team members and what to expect during your first visit, this section will guide you through the cancer treatment process. Please use the Questions & Answers section to learn more about the various types of cancer we treat and feel free to contact us directly with any other questions at (409) 772-2531.
At UTMB, we make sure that our patients receive the most comprehensive care, and at the same time, receive the most compassionate care. We strive to ensure that your time with us is comfortable and that you are satisfied with your treatment experience. Read more about our patient testimonials here.
At UTMB, it is our goal that every patient receives the following excellence in care:
- access to the latest cancer treatment technology
- an integrated team of cancer specialists
- patient centered care
What should I bring to the clinic?
- Your Insurance Card
- Photo I.D.
- Referring physicians name and phone number
- Any medical records concerning your cancer from another hospital
- All of your current medications
What should I wear on treatment days?
- Wear comfortable clothing. Please bring a jacket or sweater as temperatures in the waiting and treatment areas can vary. It can get quite cool.
- You may need to remove clothing and wear a hospital gown for examination or treatment.
Most clients who visit the department of Radiation Oncology are referred to a Radiation Oncologist by their primary care physician or another specialist. The patient may see several other doctors prior to referral to our department.