UTMB Blog Information The University of Texas Medical Branch
A web log, or "blog" is a website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order, often using specialized software that manages and organizes content and offers features such as simple syndication. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are primarily textual although some focus on photographs, videos, or audio.
Blogs often provide commentary or news on a particular subject. In keeping with state mandates related to use of institutional resources, at UTMB the blog subjects have been within the realm of university business. UTMB's blog pilot project has generally been viewed as successful, and discussions have begun on offering blog hosting as a service to the university community in 2007.
- eCamp -- A reference to familiarize School of Nursing students with current technological trends, internet security, and other skills that will assist them in their pursuit of education.
- Go Local Texas Gulf Coast -- Helps consumers find up-to-date information about local health resources for 38 counties in the Texas Gulf Coast region, and find reliable health information online. Moderated by Lynn Burke and Adela Justice.
- Learning Objects Weblog -- A venue where nursing students can access and explore various learning objects.
- LibLink -- A weblog prepared by the staff of the Moody Medical Library about trends in scholarly publication, information technology and library service. Moderated by Alex Bienkowski.
- Pastoral Care -- Providing for the spiritual needs of our patients (and staff) in a manner respectful of their personal beliefs.
- Pep Talk -- One person's perspective on life, news and events at UTMB. Moderated by Pep Valdes.
- QEP -- Discussion of the UTMB Quality Enhancement Plan. Moderated by Mary Watson.