not routinely grant deferments. If you wish to be considered for a deferment,
you must make a request in writing to the Admissions Committee.
This must be done prior to the May 15 deadline. Once received, the
Admissions Committee will meet, review your request, and notify you when
a decision has been made. If approved, the following conditions apply:
- The deferment must be used for the purpose requested,
as stated in your letter.
- You will not seek admission to another medical
school during the period of your deferment.
- You will send us written notification on or about
March 1 of the following year, reaffirming your intent to matriculate
- All of the statements on your application and
all of the other personal information that you have provided to us remain
true and valid and you have met all of the conditions in your acceptance
- Your ability to perform out technical standards
remain and will not have changed upon your matriculation to UTMB.
- Nothing occurred which would cause us to
refuse you a position in the freshman class if you were applying for
admission to The University of Texas Medical School at Galveston for
the first time.
- You will have successfully completed all
the requirements for your baccalaureate degree or meet all conditions
that you indicated on your application to UTMB.
All documents must be addressed to:
Lauree Thomas, M.D.
Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, Texas 77555-1307