In order to be considered for admission, you must be invited for a personal interview. Invitation letters are sent approximately 4 weeks before the scheduled interview date so that you have adequate time for travel arrangements. Interviews are held on Fridays. Each day we will interview approximately 50 to 60 applicants.
Policy for Assigning Interview Dates
Initial Interview Date:
Once an applicant has been granted an interview, the following procedures are used to assign an initial interview date.
1. Applicant is assigned an interview date by the Student Information System.
2. The assigned date along with all pertinent information regarding the details of the
interview day is sent to the applicant in an e-mail.
3. The student is asked to contact the Office of Admissions to confirm the interview
Rescheduling Interview Dates:
The Office of Admissions recognizes that there are extenuating circumstances that may arise which will necessitate rescheduling of an interview date after the date has been confirmed. The applicant must notify the Office of Admissions as soon as the conflict is identified. Such extenuating circumstances will include only serious, unavoidable conflicts such as illness and personal or family emergencies. The Office of Admissions will work closely to accommodate any applicant but the following guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
1. Applicants must respond to the Office of Admissions within one week of receipt
of e-mail notification of an assigned interview date. The applicant must confirm or
reschedule the interview date at that time. If there is a conflict with the assigned
interview date, the Office of Student Affairs will work to accommodate the applicant.
2. Once an interview date has been confirmed, an interview date cannot be
rescheduled, except under rare, extenuating circumstances. Rescheduling may
result in an interview date in November.
Copyright © 2004 The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.