Student Health Insurance
For Fall 2013 going forward students are no longer automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Program.
- Health Insurance coverage is mandated for all UTMB students.
- Student Health Insurance Plan 2014-2015 Premium Rates
- Failure to maintain health insurance coverage can result in cancellation of your registration.
- As a criteria of enrollment, students are required to submit proof of health insurance coverage through the student data base, MyStar. for directions click "How to submit proof of insurance form" This will need to be done twice a year for medical students and every semester for non-medical students.
- Proof of insurance must be submitted by the first day of class each semester.
- Student Health and Counseling does not bill health insurance or file claims.
- If labs or x-rays are ordered by our providers UTMB hospital will bill insurance & file the claim
- Any Co-pays, deductibles, or fees surrounding ancillary charges are the financial responsibility of the student
- The student tuition billed medical service fee is not health insurance coverage. This fee covers all provider visits at Student and Health and Counseling
Click link below for information on the University of Texas System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan:
What may not be covered?
This is determined by your insurance provider, call your insurance provider before your scheduled appointment for verification.
(There is a number on the back of your insurance card that will provide your providers contact number for coverage verification.)
FAQs about the Student Health Insurance?
Click Here for frequently asked questions about the Sutdent Health Insurance.
Student Help Line
On Campus 7-HELP
Lee Hage Jamail
Student Center - 3rd Flr.
301 University Blvd.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Major credit cards accepted only.
After Hours Care
After hours, weekends, and holidays, you may call the Access Center at (409) 772-2222 or (800) 917-8906. Telephone triage is provided by the Hotline and physician backup consultation is available.
Please go directly to the nearest emergency room. Students are responsible for all charges related to emergency care.