The University of Texas Medical BranchCLICK FOR APPLICATION
301 University Blvd. Mail Route: 0340
Galveston, Texas 77555
Phone: (409) 772-0213
Fax: (409) 747-2017
Grants Program Guidelines: Focus on synergy - Interprofessional Education
This grant seeks to address one of the goals for UTMB’s Quality Enhancement Plan, which is an emphasis on interprofessional education and teamwork.
Grants will be awarded at a maximum amount of $1,000 each. All UTMB faculty members are invited to apply. Funds can be used to cover travel expenses to a conference in the United States. Grant applications will be expected to include the name, dates, and location of the conference as well as a brief statement of how the faculty member plans to apply what he/she has learned at the conference to enhance synergy at UTMB.
Educational priorities for 2011-2012 include:
- Collaborative interprofessional teamwork
- Patient Safety and Quality of care
- Spirituality in Clinical Care
- Global Health
- Interprofessional Educational Research
- Interprofessional Simulated Activities
Goal 1 Knowledge Acquisition.
Students will acquire insight into the knowledge, skills, and roles of healthcare-related disciplines.
Goal 2 Observational Learning.
Students will observe interprofessional teamwork and identify barriers and facilitating mechanisms for the development and operation of such teams.
Goal 3 Participatory Learning.
Students will practice optimal interprofessional teamwork.
Goal 4 Innovation Development.
Students will acquire skills to develop, implement, and evaluate interprofessional projects aimed at enhancing health and wellness.
Goal 5 Leadership Building.
Students will learn to provide leadership in formulation of interprofessional teams including the elimination of barriers to success.
Proposals are reviewed by the synergy grant selection committee and are evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. A major focus of the conference relates to the educational priorities listed above.
2. Evidence of commitment to interprofessional teamwork with a brief statement of how the faculty member plans to enhance interprofessional education through synergy at UTMB.
Please Note: The faculty applicant should also include a response to both of the following:
- Please state how you have supported or been involved with synergy in the past.
- Describe yourcurrent involvement with synergy initiatives on campus.
Use of Funds
- Funds may be used for travel, lodging, and/or registration fees.
- Grant recipients will submit detailed information for the conference they plan to attend.
- International Travel is not an option for the faculty grant.
- The amount indicated for approval will be reimbursed to you upon return from the conference.
Timeline and Process
Applications are due by 5:00pm on the 15th of each month, 2011- 2012.
• The synergy grant selection committee reviews all submitted proposals, and will make the final decision regarding grant recipients.
• The committee may ask the faculty member to supply additional information and/or to revise and resubmit their application.
• All travel and expenditures must be completed and submitted before August 10, 2011.
• Decisions will be announced by email in a timely manner and funds will be available for reimbursement.
Contact: For further information about the grant process, please contact:
Susan Gerik M.D., synergy Director at: email@example.com or
Brandon Hernandez, Assistant synergy Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org