Ashish A. Bhimani, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Division of Cardiology
Ashish A. Bhimani, M.D.
Director, Atrial Fibrillation Program
Associate Director, Cardiology Fellowship Program
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
Department of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555-0553
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (ABIM)
- Cardiovascular Disease (ABIM)
- Echocardiography (NBE)
- Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Assessment and ablation of cardiac arrhythmias
- Implantation and follow-up of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Comprehensive management of atrial fibrillation
Victory Lakes Medical Specialty Center Clinic in League City, University Hospital Clinics in Galveston.
- Mechanisms and treatments for atrial fibrillation
- Education in cardiac rhythm management
- Mapping of cardiac arrhythmias
Dr. Bhimani is a cardiac electrophysiologist with extensive expertise in all areas of electrophysiology, including atrial fibrillation, complex ablations, lead extractions, and all device implants. He graduated from medical school in 2001 at the University of Chicago before going to Ann Arbor to complete his internal medicine residency at the University of Michigan. He then completed his cardiology and electrophysiology training at University Hospitals Case Medical Center with several world-renowned experts in the field. He recently joined the team as part of the Heart Rhythm Center and the Division of Cardiology. His primary academic interests are in advanced ablation techniques, arrhythmia mapping strategies, and resident and fellow education. Dr. Bhimani sees patients at the University Hospital Clinics in Galveston and the Victory Lakes Medical Specialty Center in League City.
|M.D.||2005||University of Chicago|
|Residency - Internal Medicine||2008||University of Michigan|
|Fellowship - Cardiovascular Disease||2011||University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve|
|Fellowship - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology||2013||University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve|
- Bhimani AA, Yasuda T, Sadrpour SA, Khrestian CM, Lee S, Zeng D, Belardinelli L, Waldo AL. "Ranolazine Terminates Atrial Flutter and Fibrillation in a Canine Model." Heart Rhythm, 2014; 11(9): 1592-1599.
- Bhimani AA, Hong M. "New Alternative Anticoagulants in Atrial Fibrillation: The Move Beyond Warfarin." Rev Recent Clin Trials, 2013; 8: 78-85.
- Sadrpour SA, Bhimani AA, Lee S, Khrestian C, Cakulev I, Sahadevan J, Markowitz A, Waldo AL. "Atrial Fibrillation in Post Open Heart Surgery: Is There a Driver?" American Heart Assoc, 2011, Scientific Sessions.
- Ramachandra I, Bhimani AA, Sadrpour S, Mikolajczak P, El-Sabbagh F, Vitebskiy S, Cakulev I, Goldstein R, Mackall J, Waldo A, Arruda MS. "Maintenance of Sinus Rhythm Following AF Ablation May Preclude ICD Implant for Primary Prevention of Sudden Death: a Pilot Study." American Heart Assoc, 2011, Scientific Sessions.
- Bhimani AA, Shroff S, Abdul-Karim A, Donga J, Stambler BS. "Inappropriate Shocks Due to Externalized Riata Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Lead Conductors with Normal Lead Parameters." J Innovations in Cardiac Rhythm Management 2012; 3: 832-836.