University Hospital Clinics
Hours: 08:00-17:00, Monday through Friday
Texas City Family Health Care Center
9300 Emmitt Lowery Expressway,
Suite 138 Texas City, Texas 77590
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Closed for lunch 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
League City Campus Specialty Care Clinic
2240 Gulf Freeway South
League City, Texas 77573
Primary Care Pavilion
400 Harborside Drive
Galveston, Texas 77555
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Hours of Operation: Monday 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. & Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phlebotomists, do not:
- Draw specimens from a heparin lock, shunt or other indwelling device; draw below an IV line.
- Draw blood from a lower extremity without the written permission of the attending physician.
- Perform arterial punctures.
- Make more than two attempts to obtain a specimen from a patient.
- Draw specimens for Type and Crossmatch.
- Draw blood culture specimens.
STAT tests, timed specimens and blood cultures from inpatients are to be collected by the nursing or medical staff. A phlebotomist will draw a STAT or timed specimen if they are on the unit at the time the specimen is to be drawn. The phlebotomist will notify the nurse when a phlebotomy procedure has not been successful.