Nomination Process & Portfolio
- Nomination Timeline:
- September 1st – Call for nominations
- Nominee will have their department chair sign the attestation form, when received from AMC and also have the Department Chair send a letter of support
- Nominee will complete the checklist of eligibility from when received from AMC
- Committee will deliberate and notify selected nominees to proceed with sending the additional criteria needed
- Nominees will submit the criteria needed for review
- AMC Committee will convene to review/vote
- Acceptance letter will be sent to nominees
- Date To Be Announced – Induction Ceremony
- An initial letter of nomination is required. Nomination letter may be submitted by any member of the healthcare team. Self-nominations are also allowed. Once the nomination letter is received, the nominee will be notified and will be sent a checklist form, which should be completed by nominee along with an attestation for eligibility form (which must be completed by Department Chair along with a letter of support) both should be sent to the AMC Director, AMC Director-Elect and Coordinator.
- The nomination letter will be reviewed by the Executive Committee of the AMC, which in turn will invite select nominees to continue the process by submitting a full Nomination Portfolio (see below).
Nomination Portfolio (For Select Nominees)
- A letter of support from the nominee's division chief/department chair; the letter will acknowledge support and responsibilities to fulfill expectations associated with the designation as Master Clinician
- A personal statement from the nominee documenting how he/she meets the Criteria for Recognition (see above), and expressing his/her core philosophy on patient care and on teaching, personal values and beliefs, the importance of professionalism, and other areas relevant to being a Master Clinician
- The nominee is encourage to send additional information such as: Quality and outcomes, Press Ganey scores, patient satisfaction, honors, awards, professional organizations, regional clinical awards, etc.
- Nominee's updated CV in UTMB format, highlighting any clinical achievements, publications and awards
- Three (3) additional letters from others (faculty, patients, staff, trainees) at UTMB
- Letter of nomination and all letters of support should include specific examples which illustrate the principles of the Master Clinician addressing the following key elements: core philosophy, clinical excellence, professionalism, role model, teaching and reputation. All letters must not exceed two pages.
An electronic copy of the nomination letter should be sent by the nominator to:
The Academy of Master Clinicians Selection Committee
c/o Debra Liedy
Phone: (409) 772-2784
Campus Route 1308
Any questions may be directed to: Linda G. Phillips, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (409) 772-1257