Call for nominations opens
- Nominees will submit their nomination portfolio (see below)
- AMC Committee will convene to review/vote
- Acceptance letters will be sent to accepted nominees
November - Induction Ceremony
Note: Nomination letters may be submitted by any member of the healthcare team. Self-nominations are also allowed.
- A letter of support from the nominee's division chief/department chair
The letter will acknowledge support and responsibilities to fulfill expectations associated with the designation as Master Clinician.
- Nominee’s personal statement documenting how they meet the Criteria for Recognition Statement should express his/her core philosophy on patient care and on teaching, personal values and beliefs, the importance of professionalism, and other areas relevant to being a Master Clinician.
- CV in UTMB format, highlighting any clinical achievements, publications, and awards
- Three (3) additional letters from others (faculty, patients, staff, trainees) at UTMB
- Any relevant additional information such as: Quality and outcomes, Press Ganey scores, patient satisfaction, honors, awards, professional organizations, regional clinical awards, etc.
Note: Letter of nomination and all letters of support should include specific examples which illustrate the principles of the Master Clinician addressing the following key elements: core philosophy, clinical excellence, professionalism, role model, teaching and reputation. Each letter should not exceed two pages.
An electronic copy of the nomination letter should be sent by the nominator to:
Any questions may be directed to: Linda Phillips, MD, email@example.com