UTMB Academic Resources Respondus provided by Academic Computing
Respondus LockDown Browser
This browser allows instructors to give secure exams online. The LockDown Browser is available for both Microsoft and Mac operating systems.Download the LockDown Browser
- LockDown Browser: QuickStart for Students
- LockDown Browser: Upgrading Instructions for Students
- LockDown Browser: QuickStart for Instructors
- LockDown Browser: Configuring for Assessments for Instructors
Respondus 4.0 Exam Software
UTMB has an unlimited user license for Respondus. Respondus is a tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published to the Blackboard course management system. The software is distributed by Business and Academic Systems.
Version 4.0 is necessary to authenticate and publish to Blackboard Learn 9.1 (current). Microsoft Windows OS required; sorry, but a Mac version of this software is not currently available.
Learn more about Respondus 4.0
Respondus Installation Instructions
- Download the installer from UTMB iSpace (institutional login required).
- Go to your Downloads folder and double click on the Respondus4Campus.exe file to start installation. Follow the prompts in the dialog boxes. See installation guide below for more help if needed.
- You will have the option to install the Respondus Equation Editor during the installation process.
- After installing Respondus select the "Check for Updates" option in the Help menu in Respondus. This update check will affect major version level, but not minor version level.
The first time you run Respondus you will need to complete the Respondus license form. Please contact Academic Computing to obtain the information required to complete this form.
- Respondus Exams: QuickStart for Instructors
- Respondus Exams: Installation
- Respondus Exams: Importing Exams
- Respondus Exams: Publishing Exams to Blackboard
- Respondus Exams: Complete User Guide
Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM