UTMB Academic Resources Testing & Computer Services
Online testing centers are available for computer-based examinations and large group computer instruction.
- First floor of Research Building 6, the "Student Testing Center"
- First floor of SON/SHP, the "Learning Resource Center"
- Second floor of the Moody Medical Library, the "Online Testing Center"
Testing computers come equipped with USB ports, CD/DVD drives, headphone jacks, and privacy shields. Projectors are also available in testing rooms. Access to a server to host your exam is available.
- Reservations available on first come, first served basis
- Exams must be loaded a minimum of 2 business days prior to scheduled exam date
- Permission to load non-standard testing software must be obtained at least 10 days prior to the exam in accordance with our special software installation policy.
Read the special software policy.
- Computers will be turned on and ready for testing 15 minutes prior to the scheduled exam start time
- Exam proctors or coordinators will not be provided by library
- Cancellations must be received at least 1 day prior to exam
Reservations and Requests
Computers are available to UTMB students, researchers, staff, healthcare workers, and guests.
Computers can be found on both sides of the 2nd floor of the library. You can log in with your regular UTMB ID and password. If you don't have a UTMB login, you can check out a computer for 2 hours in accordance with the Computer Use Policy:Computer Use Policy (PDF)
Available Programs & Equipment:
- USB ports, CD/DVD drives, and headphone jacks
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox browsers
- Educational software (see "Software Available" section)
- Remote access to applications and educational software is not available
- Unauthorized copying/distribution of software/media is prohibited
- Due to the public nature of the computers, the EMR system is not available in the library