Protein Chemistry Core
For Protein N-Terminal Sequencing, Amino Acid Analysis, contact Bo Xu, Ph.D.
The Protein Chemistry Core is a centralized laboratory that provides investigators at UTMB with state-of-the-art analytical tools including N-terminal protein sequencing, internal protein sequencing, and amino acid analysis at reasonable cost to the investigator. Data is made available to investigators in a timely manner.
- Edman chemistry N-terminal protein sequencing
- Internal protein sequencing of N-terminally blocked proteins
- Protein hydrolyzate and physiological fluid amino acid analysis
Quality control is provided by utilizing appropriate internal and external standards as recommended by instrument manufacturers. Amino acid compositional analysis is further assessed using a synthetic peptide containing one of each 20 amino acids typically found in proteins. All analyses conducted utilize the latest manufacturers analytical software packages.
- Applied Biosystems 494 Procise High-Throughput Protein Sequencer
- Applied Biosystems 494 cLC High Sensitivity Protein Sequencer
- Applied Biosystems 173A Microblotter for obtaining internal sequencing information from N-terminally blocked proteins/peptides
- Hitachi L-8800 physiological fluids amino acid analyzer