CIRWH was inaugurated in February 2002. The mission of this center is
to promote, stimulate, and support interdisciplinary research related
to the health of women across the life span. Such research includes
- Unique to women or a subgroup of women;
- More prevalent in women than men;
- Where the intervention/care of women is different from that of men.
Furthermore, the center promotes interactions between investigators
from different backgrounds who can contribute different perspectives,
training, and expertise to collaborative efforts. To that end, the
- Designs and seeks funding for collaborative grants;
- Partners with existing programs to encourage investigations of sex/gender differences in health and disease; and
- Provides structured mentoring to motivated junior investigators who are committed to women's health.