Category 2 Application Form
Category 2 Data Sharing and Archiving Pilot Studies focus on archiving data from a completed rehabilitation study with support being given either to the PI or a member of the research team. Funding is provided up to $10,000, inclusive of indirect costs.
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the Category 2 pilot application and submit with all required components. No Letter of Intent is required. Category 2 Pilot Proposals are accepted year round.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Center's leadership and selection committee. Once complete, the PI will be contacted with the committee's decision and further instructions for data submission will follow.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Proposal must involve an existing research dataset from a completed study and the research must have addressed an issue related to rehabilitation, recovery, or disability.
- PI must have a research doctorate or relevant clinical degree with some evidence of research training and experience.
Graduate students are not eligible to apply. Faculty mentors can apply as the primary PI and the student as the Co-PI.
Postdoctoral fellows are eligible to apply, but must include a faculty mentor at their institution as a co-investigator.
- PI must identify a CLDR faculty mentor/collaborator and agree to adhere to all regulations regarding privacy and ethical conduct of research.
- All funded projects will be required to submit a progress report at 6 months and at the end of the funding period.
Category 2 Application Components
Submit a single document that includes the following components (not to exceed 3 pages, excluding budget, biosketch, and references):
- Summary: Provide a brief overview of the dataset and the purpose of the original study.
- Impact: Describe the significance of the dataset to rehabilitation and disability.
- Data: Include the number of subjects and number/types of variables contained in the dataset. Address the level at which the data can be made available (i.e. public use, restricted/ limited use, and delayed use). Include a statement on the protection of human subjects or the IRB protocol submitted to your institution, if applicable.
- Future Implications: Address the likelihood that the archived data will benefit future collaboration and how it might be linked with other datasets that could lead to larger projects.
- References: Include a list of references relevant to the project.
- Biosketches: Include brief biosketches of the PI and any faculty investigators who will participate in the project. No biosketch is required for the CLDR faculty mentor/collaborator.
- Funding*: Provide a detailed budget (up to $10,000 total costs); example below. Include a brief narrative justification describing the responsibilities of personnel and any supplies and/or other expenses requested. No effort/budget is required for the CLDR faculty mentor/collaborator.
| || |
|Name & Role||% effort||Salary Request||Benefits||Total|
|Jane Doe, PI||5%||$3,750||$912||$4,662|
|John Doe, Research Assistant||5%||$3,200||$1,062||$4,262|
| || || ||Total Personnel||$8,924|
|Supplies|| || || ||$2,500|
|Other Expenses|| || || ||$335|
|Total Direct Costs|| || || ||$9,259|
|Indirect Costs|| || || ||$781|
|Total Requested|| || || ||$10,000|
*Preference given to applications from institutions who agree to 8% indirect cost rate. Demonstrates commitment by the institution to the applicant, represents leveraging of federal funds on behalf of rehabilitation community, and is consistent with investment in junior investigators. Applicants should seek approval from their institutions prior to submission. Budget request should not exceed $10,000, inclusive of indirect costs. Third party sub awards are not allowed.
For additional information or questions about your proposal please contact us at: CLDR.email@example.com