Category 3 Travel Award for Secondary Data Analysis of Archived Studies is
a new opportunity for early career researchers, postdoctoral fellows
and graduate students to perform secondary analysis of data from
studies in the Archive of Data on Disability to Enable Policy and research
(ADDEP) repository. Award recipients will participate in the CLDR
Symposium at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
(ACRM) annual conference. Funds, up to $2,500, will
support conference registration, travel, and accommodations.
We are only targeting the following datasets for the current competition:
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the Category 3 application and submit with all required components. No Letter of Intent is required. Category 3 Travel Award applications are due by July 15.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Center's leadership
and selection committee, and the top four proposals will be selected to
participate in the ACRM meeting. The review process takes
approximately 3 weeks.
- Proposal must include a research questions using one of the ADDEP datasets listed above.
- Significance of the research question and its relevance to rehabilitation and disability.
- Recipient must agree to adhere to all regulations regarding privacy and ethical conduct of research.
- Applicants should have research doctorate, relevant
clinical degree, or be enrolled as a doctoral student working in a
- Recipients will be required to attend the ACRM conference.
Category 3 Application Components
Please submit a single document that includes the following components (not to exceed 2 pages, excluding biosketches):
- Personal Narrative (limit 50 words): Brief description
of your research accomplishments, goals, and how this award will further
your research career.
- Proposals: Follow the ACRM abstract guidelines for Reports of Original Data. Refer to the guidelines for specific
headings and content information. Abstracts that do not follow this
format will not be reviewed.
For additional information or questions about your proposal please contact us at: CLDR.email@example.com