Category 3 Application Form
Category 3 Travel Award for Secondary Data Analysis of Archived Studies is an opportunity for early career researchers, postdoctoral fellows and doctoral students to perform secondary analysis of data from completed studies in the Archive of Data on Disability to Enable Policy and research (ADDEP) repository. Award recipients will participate in the CLDR Symposium at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) annual conference. Funds, up to $2,500, will support conference registration, travel, and accommodations. Note: International travel is not covered by this award.
We are only targeting the following datasets for the current competition:
Well Elderly 2, Los Angeles, California, 2004-2008 (ICPSR 33641)
Stroke Recovery in Underserved Populations 2005-2006 [United States] (ICPSR 36422)
Hispanic Established Populations for Epidemiologic Studies of the Elderly (EPESE) Disabling Process Study: 2001-2002 (ICPSR 36203)
Hispanic Established Populations for Epidemiologic Studies of the Elderly (EPESE) Frailty Study: 2006-2009 (ICPSR 36321)
The Anatomical Tracings of Lesions after Stroke (ATLAS) Dataset
Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Study, 2007-2010 [United States] (ICPSR 36724)
WHO Study on Global AGEing and Adult Health (SAGE): Wave 0, 2002-2004 (ICPSR 28502)
WHO Study on Global AGEing and Adult Health (SAGE): Wave 1, 2007-2010 (ICPSR 31381)
Early Intervention Colorado (EI-CO) Participant Characteristics, Service Use, and Outcomes, Colorado, 2014-2016 (ICPSR 37131)
Medical University of South Carolina Stroke Data (ARRA) (ICPSR 37122)
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the Category 3 application and submit with all required components. No Letter of Intent is required. This award is for work on completed studies. Category 3 Travel Award applications are due by February 1, 2019.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Center's leadership and selection committee, and the top four proposals will be selected to participate in the ACRM meeting. The review process takes approximately 3 weeks.
- Proposal must include a research question using one of the ADDEP datasets listed above.
- Significance of the research question and its relevance to rehabilitation and disability.
- Recipient must agree to adhere to all regulations regarding privacy and ethical conduct of research.
- Applicants should have research doctorate, relevant clinical degree, or be enrolled as a doctoral student working in a rehabilitation-oriented discipline.
- Recipients will be required to attend the Annual ACRM Conference and
present at the CLDR-sponsored Symposium during the conference.
- - Applicants are welcome to submit their pilot work as a poster at the annual ACRM conference in conjunction with this award. Applicants should not submit their work to a speaking symposium.
- - These are individual awards and will not be divided among multiple speakers from a single project.
Category 3 Application Components
Please submit the following components:
- Personal Narrative (limit 50 words): Brief description of your research accomplishments, goals, and how this award will further your research career.
- Proposal Abstract (Limit 275 words, not including References): Include the following subject headings - Objective, Design, Dataset, Main Outcome Measure(s), Results, Conclusions, and Key Words. Follow these ACRM Abstract guidelines.
- Author(s) Disclosures
- Biosketch(s) Please consult the NIH’s Biosketch Format page.
For additional information or questions about your proposal please contact us at: CLDR.email@example.com.
Category 3 Application Form