Travel Award for Secondary Data Analysis of Archived Studies
Category 3 Travel Award for Secondary Data Analysis of Archived Studies is a new opportunity for early career researchers, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students to perform secondary analysis of data from studies in the Archive of Data on Disability to Enable Policy and research (ADDEP) repository. Award recipients will participate in the CLDR Symposium at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) annual conference. Funds, up to $2,500, will support conference registration, travel, and accommodations.
We are only targeting the following datasets for the current competition:
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the Category 3 application and submit with all required components. No Letter of Intent is required. Category 3 Travel Award applications open Jan 1 and are due by May 1.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Center's leadership and selection committee, and the top four proposals will be selected to participate in the ACRM meeting. The review process takes approximately 3 weeks.
- Proposal must include a research questions using one of the ADDEP datasets listed above.
- Significance of the research question and its relevance to rehabilitation and disability.
- Recipient must agree to adhere to all regulations regarding privacy and ethical conduct of research.
- Applicants should have research doctorate, relevant clinical degree, or be enrolled as a doctoral student working in a rehabilitation-oriented discipline.
- Recipients will be required to attend the ACRM conference.
Category 3 Application Components
Please submit a single document that includes the following components (not to exceed 2 pages, excluding biosketches):
Category 3 Application Form
Personal Narrative (limit 50 words): Brief description of your research accomplishments, goals, and how this award will further your research career.
- Proposals: Follow the ACRM Abstract guidelines
for Reports of Original Data.
Refer to the guidelines for specific headings and content information. Abstracts that do not follow this format will not be reviewed.
For additional information or questions about your proposal please contact us at: CLDR.email@example.com