This is a global/community health qualitative research position focused on occupational health equity among (im)migrant communities on the Gulf Coast (minimal teaching required). They will also have the opportunity to lead manuscripts and write a career development proposal under mentorship from NIH- and CDC-funded faculty.
Questions? Reachout to email@example.com
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the recruitment of research participants.
- Assist in conducting qualitative research interviews and focus group discussions.
- Performs qualitative data analysis and data management for manuscript and report of research findings.
- Prepares report summaries, protocols, and conducts qualitative analyses, data analysis, and data administration.
- Assists the Principal Investigator with grant proposal preparation and submission, budget development.
- Supports and assists with research collaborators and visitors on various studies and projects.
- Participates in manuscript writing.
- Participates in the presentation of research findings.
- Attends and participates in investigator meetings and workshops.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
- Other duties as assigned
Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field. Scientific research experience.
- Experience working with (im)migrant or vulnerable populations desired
- Labor studies or occupational health research experience desired
- Qualitative research experience desired
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish of Vietnamese)
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.