The mission of the Network is to advance science and improve the understanding of disease through the development, implementation and advancement of proteomics through strategic investment in state-of-the-art-technology, expert consultation, collaboration, and training.
The UT System Proteomics Network links the six health science campuses and eight academic universities in a single network to enhance the proteomics research capabilities across the state of Texas by promoting inter-institutional collaboration.
- Provide scientists and researchers system-wide access to leading-edge technology, advanced methodologies and progressive technical and scientific expertise in proteomics
- Develop cutting edge proteomics techniques for advancing research
- Introduce UT system biomedical researchers to the uses of proteomics
- Integrate the facilities across campuses to engage in large scale studies
- Develop a sustainable funding model for proteomics facilities