2017 Emergency & Hurricane Prep Made Simple:
A Meeting for the UTMB Community
The 2017 Emergency Prep meeting was hosted Monday, May 15. A video of the session and the related presentation are now available for your review:
June 1 brings the start of hurricane season and is a reminder to have emergency plans in place. Storms and other emergencies can happen at any time and can affect any part of the state where UTMB has operations. This meeting will include general information of use in any emergency.
Everyone is encouraged to attend this one-hour, concise overview of UTMB’s emergency response plan.
Learn more about:
- How decisions are made in an emergency
- The outlook for the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season—and why we can’t be complacent
- Your role and responsibilities as an employee or a student in an emergency
- Maintaining security in an emergency and how you can help
- The business continuity planning process for fulfilling our mission in an emergency
- How UTMB will communicate with you before, during and after an emergency
You’ll also have a chance to ask questions of our Institutional Emergency Preparedness Officer, Human Resources, UTMB Police, Marketing and Communications, and others.
A video of the 2017 Emergency Prep session and the related presentation is now available for your review: