UTMB Faculty Senate
August 14, 2017
I. The meeting was called to order at 4:32 pm by Dr. Suzanne Alton, Faculty Senate Chair
II. The minutes from July 10, 2017 were voted on and approved by email on July 21, 2017.
III. Clinical Strategic Plan – Donna Sollenberger, EVP and CEO Health System and Cheryl Sadro, EVP and Chief Business and Financial Officer
Ms. Sollenberger presented the Senate with a PowerPoint presentation and here are some highlights:
· This plan was updated about one year ago; last plan from 2010 when Dr. Anderson was Provost.
· Plan includes new sites for expansions, physician service and for primary and secondary market areas and outpatient clinic. This includes League City, Friendswood and Pearland.
· Limited resources, so will spread appropriately for greatest return on investment.
· Executive Steering Committee members: Dr. Callender, Dr. Jacobs, Ms. Sadro and Ms. Sollenberger.
· Steering Committee oversees the Academic Enterprise, Business and Finance, Health System and School of Medicine and there are four categories for focus: Operations, Experience, Growth and Partnerships.
· This plan is a companion plan to The Road Ahead and is a five-year roadmap for success in our patient care mission and aligns with the current Research Strategic Plan and future Education Strategic Plan.
· Creating the Future to grow and thrive and support the delivery of Best Care to every patient, every time.
· Purpose: To identify goals and strategies for the Clinical Enterprise, propose a path forward over the next five years and to identify key focus areas and opportunities to improve clinical operations and patient experience.
Ms. Sollenberger and Ms. Sadro shared the proposed Objectives, Strategies and Outcomes and the Path forward and finished with several conclusions. Followed by Q&A.
IV. Announcements/Committee Reports
Dr. Alton reminded the Senators of an email that was sent on July 18, asking for nominations to serve on the Faculty Grievance Committee.
Dr. Alton reminded the Senators to provide comments, email sent Friday, August 11, regarding the 360 evaluations.
Dr. Alton reminded the Senators of the upcoming UT System symposium at UT MD Anderson, on September 25 and 26, Monday & Tuesday, on clinician burnout, “Beyond Resiliency Training.” Here is the link to register and for more information: http://www.cvent.com/events/beyond-resiliency-training-organizational-strategies-to-alleviate-burnout-and-increase-wellness-in-a/event-summary-b0ec33f4741d429fb1643b9655d7e3cd.aspx. The symposium Cost: $200 for Early Bird registration through August 31; $250 starting September 1 and $50 optional CME credit fee.
Retention. Dr. Callender wants UTMB to win the talent war. Dr. Carayannopoulos talked briefly about the handout and asked for input and the Committees reported what they had worked on.
Dr. Alton adjourned the meeting and asked that the committees work on their PowerPoint Presentations for the Annual Lunch meeting, September 11th, in Levin Hall Dining Room, from 11:30am-1:00pm. This meeting takes place of the evening meeting for this month.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:59 pm.