SOM Timetable for Post-Tenure Review
- Notification from Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs to Chairs of faculty to be reviewed: September
- Departmental Reviews: March-April
- Chair Reviews: May-June
- Notification of results of all post-tenure reviews given to Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs: July 31
If the review is unsatisfactory, by either the department committee or department chair:
- Submission of additional materials for review, from faculty member or the department, received in office of the DOM no later than: August 31
- Faculty Performance Evaluation Committee reviews material; interviews (if necessary) faculty member & Chair and reports completed: October 31
- Chair and faculty member develop a remediation plan, submit to DOM for approval: November 30
- Re-evaluation 2 years later, completed by: December 1
In the event of disputes:
- A Chair may appeal a Faculty Performance Evaluation Committee (FPEC) decision to the DOM, and must do so within 10 working days of receiving notification of a FPEC ruling.
- If the Chair and Faculty member cannot agree on a remediation plan, the Dean will over see the process. The Dean must be notified by November 30 if they cannot agree, and a plan will be developed by January 15.