2018 Glocal (Global is Local) Conference
Come see our very own Dr. Jeff Temple as the keynote speaker on Saturday, March 10, at the 6th Annual Global health Conference. GLOCAL is a two-day global health conference that will be held at Rice University. Tracks this year include Global Surgery, Disaster Recovery, Local Opportunities, Healthcare Humanities, Healthcare Business, and Innovations and Sustainability.
6th ANNUAL GLOBAL HEALTH CONFERENCE
The Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) is proud to announce the 2018 GLOCAL (Global is Local) Conference on March 9-10, 2018. This meeting is an annual gathering of interdisciplinary professionals with a passion for global health innovation and advancement. This year our tracks include Global Surgery, Innovations and Sustainability, Disaster Recovery, Local Opportunities, Healthcare Business, and Global Health Humanities.
Through a partnership with the John P. McGovern Academy of Oslerian Medicine, UTMB students can attend the conference at no cost. If you have questions about travel reimbursements, please contact the HGHC Co-Chair Shannon Guillot-Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can buy tickets to the conference at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/houston-global-health-collaborative-glocal-2018-conference-tickets-39753450641?aff=erelexpmlt
Reimbursement for Travel Expenses Procedures:
- To ensure you follow these processes correctly, it is highly suggested you contact the Travel/Expense department at email@example.com or 409-747-7259 before making your reservations. Failure to comply with these policies will result in non-payment
- If you are considered a UTMB student/employee (e.g., tutor, member of the Federal Work Study Program) you MUST contact the McGovern Academy office (409-747-9685) for a Travel Authorization form to be completed and the number MUST be provided to the travel agent when making reservations. This applies for domestic or international travel.
- If you are strictly a SOM student, you can make domestic reservations without this number, but if traveling internationally, the Provost's Office will assign you a travel authorization number when your International Travel Request Form is approved. (see below)
- Domestic travel:
- All UTMB students and guests traveling on official UTMB related business may use one of the resources below for direct billing, or an on-line travel service by self-pay:
- Anthony Travel, Inc. (required for all international travel), Phone: (512) 617-8444; Toll-Free: (800) 684-2044
- Marchi Travel (domestic travel only), Phone: (409) 762-2612
- Travel Counselors (domestic travel only), Phone: (409) 765-7759
- For questions related to domestic travel, please contact the Travel/Expense department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-747-7259.