Why Should You Consider Advanced Training in the Biomedical Sciences?
Median earnings for doctoral trained individuals is ~1.5X that for a bachelor's level and ~1.3 fold higher than that for a MS level. This is a significant enhancement in lifetime earnings.
Additionally, the unemployment rate for doctoral trained individuals in 2010 was 2.3%.
Research in biomedical science is working on the future of medicine. This is a career if you want to have a big impact on people and their health. You can work in a number of different venues:
- Academic institutions
- Pharmaceutical & biotech industry
- State and federal governments
- Law Offices
- Publishing and communications companies
- Financial institutions
Experience personal and professional growth & a great career
- Interact with scientists across the country and around the world
- Travel the world to attend meetings and conferences
- Pursue your own ideas and explore the unknown Every Day!