Allergies? Asthma? Breathing Problems?
We Can Help Your Entire Family...
UTMB's Division of Allergy & Immunology serves both adults and children, treating a wide range of allergy and breathing-related conditions. Conveniently located in Galveston and in League City, our specialists can evaluate and treat you or members of your family.
We Evaluate and Treat:
- Acute and Chronic Sinusitis
- Allergic and Chronic Rhinitis
- Drug Allergies
- Eczema and Rashes
- Food Allergies
- Hives & Swelling(Urticaria/Angioedema)
- Immune Deficiencies
- Insect Allergies
Our Services Include:
- Allergy Shots (Immunotherapy)
- Drug Challenges and Desensitization
- Exercise Lung Function Test
- Food Challenges and Testing
- IVIG (Intravenous Immunoglobulin) Therapy
- Lung Function Testing (Spirometry)
- Skin Testing
- Skin Biopsies
- Venom Immunotherapy
Comprehensive patient care is provided for the following conditions:
- Moderate to severe bronchial asthma
- Difficult-to-manage allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis
- Refractory urticaria
- Recurrent anaphylaxis
- Adult and pediatric immunodeficiency
- rug allergy
- Food allergy
- Eosinophilic disorders
- Pediatric autoimmune disorders
Clinical services of the Division are rendered through outpatient and inpatient consultative services. The Division has pioneered the use of telemedicine to manage patients with complicated asthma and other allergic disease.
The Division of Allergy & Immunology at UTMB places an emphasis on education that is directed toward patients and the public as well as future allergy-immunology caregivers.
Sufferers of moderate to severe asthma can provide countless stories of trips to emergency rooms. Management of asthma has historically been to provide an intervention to someone having a respiratory attack. The physicians at UTMB are changing this paradigm.
In addition to providing information related to how to take current medications and what to do in the event of an attack, the physicians at UTMB are teaching their patients how to monitor and manage their respiratory health to prevent them from ever having to present at an emergency room. This same approach is extended to the management and education of all patients treated by the Division.
Primary Care Pavilion (PCP)
400 Harborside Drive, Suite 100
Galveston, TX 77555
(409) 772-0099 Fax (409) 747-7014
Multispecialty Center and Stark Diabetes Clinic
2660 Gulf Freeway South
League City, TX 77573 (in the Town Center shopping center)
(832) 505-2150 Fax (281) 337-0704