Grand Rounds Broadcast
Grand rounds will be broadcast weekly.
To view the LIVE webcast remotely, please use the latest Apple QuickTime player or VLC Media player.
Note: Some Grand Rounds will only be available Polycom system which require Polycom software/hardware to view live. Additionally, not all Grand Rounds are recorded for Tegrity playback.
(For technical issues, please contact UTMB Audio/Video group x79037)
Apple QuickTime Player instructions:
- Download Apple QuickTime Player ( Apple QuickTime Player download ) for the appropriate Windows or Apple MAC operating system from Apple Website.
- Install Apple QuickTime Player.
- Open Apple Quicktime from your computer.
- Choose "File" from menubar.
- Select "Open URL" and copy http://qtstream.utmb.edu/stream.sdp into the field.
- Click "OK" to view stream link.
VLC Media Player Instructions
- Download VLC Media Player ( VLC Media Player Download ) for appropriate Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) or Apple MAC operating system.
- Install VLC Media Player.
- Open VLC Media Player from your computer.
- Choose "Media" from menu-bar.
- Select "Open Network Stream" and copy http://qtstream.utmb.edu/stream.sdp into the field.
- Click "Play" to view stream link.
Note: To view live broadcast from non-UTMB location, one must first log in via MyVPN Remote Access prior to viewing live broadcast. The live broadcast is only available to UTMB employees.
Grand rounds are an integral component of medical education,
consisting of presenting new innovations in medicine to an audience of
doctors, residents and medical students. Presentations are given by
faculty members from each of our divisions as well as invited guest
speakers from across the nation. Grand rounds attendees qualify for CME
They are held every Thursday from 8:00am-9:00am in the Clinical Science Auditorium.
» Recordings of all Grand Rounds presentations are available on tegrity.