Several of our 3rd and 4th year medical students were among over 50 students from all around Texas presenting clinical vignettes at the Texas Chapter of the American College of Physicians annual meeting this past weekend. The students submitted clinical vignette abstracts last summer and were selected, after peer review, to present at the meeting.
Posters were presented by:
- Nga Nguyen (received the 2nd place poster award for her presentation)
- Lucy McCollum
- Paul Brindley
- Rebecca Crain
- Ethan Hinds
- Alexander Brown
- Leena Munawar
- Tyler Brehm
- Veronica Chavez
An oral (podium) presentation was given by
Congratulations to these students on their amazing work and on representing UTMB proudly at the meeting.
Congratulations are also due for several outstanding internal medicine residency program members for their presentations at the TX ACP meeting. Physician presenters included
- Dr. Minh Tran presented a case report poster on Non-traumatic rupture of hepatic metastases from High-grade Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of the Uterine Cervix
- Dr. Christopher Nguyen presented a case report on Murine Typhus: An atypical Cause of ARDS
- Dr. Abdullah Shaikh presented a case report on Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma presenting as Caudal Equine Syndrome
- Dr. Michelle Baliss presented a case report on Bleeding Pseudoaneurysm of the superior rectal artery: a rare clinical entity.
- Dr. Jordana Faruqi presented a clinical research poster on Immunologic Outcomes in Recipients of Orthotopic Liver Transplant induced with Steroids
- Dr. Abraham Lee presented a quality improvement poster on Reducing Unnecessary Laboratory Draws on Internal Medicine Wards (1st place prize)
- Dr. Krishna Suthar presented an oral clinical vignette on the curious case of An Anterior Mediastinal Mass
Congratulations to all on being recognized for your work!