To order a new or replacement PC, please follow or have your departmental procurement staff follow the steps below. If your machine is new and you wish to have it supported, please complete the information on our Add PC Request Form.
The best way to create an order for a PC or PC equipment is to create an eQuote from Dell. This allows you to conveniently save and manage your current order until you decide to purchase. You will need to go to the *Dell Premier Page to create an eQuote. An eQuote will be emailed to you and will also be available for order in the UTMB Peoplesoft system. If you do not have purchasing capabilities, contact your departmental representative to place the order for you. If you need assistance, please contact your desktop support technician at x25200.
NOTE: When creating an eQuote for a new seat, please use the following delivery address so that your computer will arrive with the correct UTMB tag:
Galveston, TX 77555-1027
*Dell Premier requires web site registration if you are not currently registered with the site
Placing Your Order in Peoplesoft
- Log into Peoplesoft
- Go to Dell Punchout web page and select the following: (For illustrated instructions: Dell Punchout)
- Your order will go through approval process in Peoplesoft
- The PC will be delivered to UTMB Warehouse
- A UTMB inventory tag will be placed on machine. This tag is required by UTMB and is necessary to receive desktop support services.
- The UTMB warehouse will deliver the PC to department
- The department contact will call the UTMB Helpdesk x25200 to schedule a set-up/configuration for the new PC
(ALLOW APPROX 2 HRS FOR TOTAL DEPLOYMENT TIME).
- The new machine will be imaged and data will be transferred from the old machine (if applicable)
- If applicable, the old machine will be returned to Dell or disposed of in accordance with UTMB inventory policies
NOTE: If a new order is being placed to replace a PC with a Gtag, this process will need to begin a month prior to refresh date. If not, lease extensions on current machine may apply.
A limited number of PCs are available from IS from the PC inventory pool at a discounted rate. If you have an interest in purchasing one of these machines, please contact Information Services.