Data Jack Activations & Cabling ServicesInformation Services
For data equipment to operate, the data port on a telephone jack must be
activated. If a data jack is not available for the desired location, please
contact us through the Telephone, Data
Video Request Form to request a quote and schedule an installation appointment.
- Data activations are billed to Department accounts
- Types of data activations vary depending upon the specifications of the equipment requiring the activation.
- Requests for activations/deactivations should be submitted on the online
Telephone, Data Video Request Form. In the notes section list
the type of equipment requiring the data activation; i.e., computer, printer,
server, PACs, Pyxis, Thin Client, etc.
- Data reserves the right to disconnect service after 1500 hours of inactivity.
- There is a one-time data activation fee of $45.67. If there is not an existing
telephone jack, then additional costs will be involved to install a new jack.
Data Cabling Standards
- Only Category 5e or greater cabling is supported.
- If an unsupported data jack is disconnected, the cable will be
cut and will not be reused. If this location needs to be re-activated, a
new cable will need to be installed at the customer’s expense.
- New data cable installations will use the current industry standard, Category 6.
Projects and Remodeling
- When an area is remodeled, demolished, or reconfigured,
Information Services requests all unsupported telecommunications cabling
be removed and replaced with approved telecommunications cabling at the
- Information Services will work with a department to develop
telecommunication cabling upgrade projects as necessary. These can be
requested using the link above.