Call for nominations for the Minnie Stevens Piper Award 2018 - due Oct. 6
The Academy of Master Teachers has been tasked to solicit and peer review candidates for the UTMB nominee for 2018 Piper Professor Award.
Please consider nominating a deserving faculty member (self-nominations are allowed) and ask them to submit an application for consideration.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS PIPER PROFESSOR OF 2018 - APPLICANT PACKET DUE OCTOBER 6, 2017
The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation is soliciting nominees for an outstanding teaching professor award. This foundation honors ten professors for their dedication to the teaching profession and for their outstanding academic, scientific and scholarly achievement. Honorees will be named “Piper Professors of 2018” and awarded cash honoraria of $5,000. The purpose of the award is “to give recognition to the teaching profession rather than to research, publication, administration, or other related activity, although, these criteria will also be considered by the Selection Committee.”
Full time UTMB faculty from all schools are eligible. Self-nominations are allowed. Prospective applicant packets will be peer reviewed and recommended nominees forwarded to Drs. Calendar and Jacobs for consideration. Each institution may submit one nomination.
- Complete nomination form, parts A (which is labeled nominating institution) and B (nominee). Go to: http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/programs/ppnominationform.php for nomination form and detailed instructions.
- For final submission Part A will be completed by nominating institution (UTMB) based on your submission. Please leave blank the section “How was your nominee selected?”
- Up to 5 letters of recommendation may be submitted. (from members of administration, colleagues, current or former students). Address to: Piper Professor Selection Committee, these letters will be attached to packet submitted by UTMB for successful candidate.
- Because this award is open to all colleges and universities in Texas, you see that the nomination materials have a particular undergraduate campus feel to the questions. Remember to highlight “teaching accomplishments”.
- Complete packet with application form (parts A & B) and letters of recommendation must be submitted to Academy of Master Teachers Coordinator, D’Anne DeWitt email@example.com by deadline October 6, 2017.
It would be great to have another UTMB faculty recognized with this prestigious award. Please help us identify deserving candidates. Note: Previous unsuccessful candidates are eligible to reapply.