Prepare Yourself and Be Ready: Annual emergency preparedness meeting for the UTMB community - April 25
Noon, Wednesday, April 25
Levin Hall Main Auditorium
See below for remote viewing options
June 1 brings the start of hurricane season and is a reminder to have emergency plans in place. Storms and other emergencies can happen at any time and can affect any part of the state where UTMB has operations. This meeting will include general information of use in any emergency.
Everyone is encouraged to attend this one-hour, concise overview of UTMB’s emergency response plan.
- How decisions are made in an emergency
- The outlook for the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season
- Your role and responsibilities as an employee or a student in an emergency
- Maintaining security in an emergency and how you can help
- The business continuity planning process for fulfilling our mission in an emergency
- How UTMB will communicate with you before, during and after an emergency
- Stop the Bleed demonstration
- Fire preparation and response
You’ll also have a chance to ask questions of our Institutional Emergency Preparedness Officer, Human Resources, UTMB Police, Marketing and Communications, and others.
Can't make it to Levin Hall for the meeting? Remote viewing options are available:
- Live broadcast on campus TV Channel 53. For those with access to HD cable channels, it will be broadcast live on IPTV Channel 51 on the Galveston and League City campuses.
- To view the meeting via a Polycom equipped room please video dial conference ID: 4090711 or confirm the room location via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view the broadcast via a PC (speakers required) please click on the link below: https://hdstream.utmb.edu/VEMSWeb/Widgets/EmbedPlayerControllerWidget.html?ver=220.127.116.11&autoplay=true&contentID=6
- CMC viewers ONLY please access the following webcast link: http://sdstream.utmb.edu:8080/stream
All of these options will be live approximately 30 minutes before the meeting.
A video of the session will be made available after the session. Stay tuned for details.