Medical-surgical nurses focus every day on caring compassionately for patients and families. The Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) has designated a special week, November 1-7, to shift that focus to the nurses themselves.
How Medical-Surgical Nurses Make a Difference:
• Build the profession of nursing and the medical-surgical nursing specialty
• Mentor and nurture each other
• Advocate for patients and families at the local and national levels
• Serve their communities through care and education
• Promote medical-surgical nursing certification, resulting in better and safer health care
• Improve patient care through evidence-based practice
• Speak, write, and conduct research to inspire and educate others
Congratulations and thank you to all UTMB Health Medical-Surgical Nurses!