MEDICAL EDUCATION RESEARCH CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Two Half Day workshops held Thursday, August 10
Research Building #6—Room 1.102
Majka B. Woods, PhD
Director of Office of Educational Development; Assistant Dean for Educational Development
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Program Evaluation and Evaluation Research
This workshop introduces participants to fundamental principles of
educational program evaluation, and provides participants with a
strategy for developing an evaluation plan. After participating in this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Describe program evaluation and its purposes;
- Identify barriers to program evaluation;
- Identify models used in evaluation;
- Describe the steps of an evaluation;
- Develop an evaluation plan.
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Questionnaire Design and Survey Research
This workshop will provide some basic principles in questionnaire/survey
design and give workshop participants an opportunity for hands-on
experience designing a questionnaire. Following participating in this
workshop, learners will be able to:
- Design a blueprint for a survey/questionnaire appropriate to their ow application;
- Construct and edit questions to avoid common problems in wording and framing;
- Select an appropriate response format from a menu of alternatives
- Design the overall format of the survey/questionnaire to facilitate data management and analysis.
There is limited seating of 25. The MERC registration is usually $50 per session.
The $50 registration fee covers both sessions and applies even if you are attending only one (normal fee $50/workshop). No lunch provided.
Please use the URL link below to register.
If you have any additional questions please contact D’Anne DeWitt by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (409)747-0203.
Click for more information