Announcing FY17 Team Awards for Eligible Employees
Dear UTMB Colleagues:
The achievements and challenges our UTMB family experienced during FY17 can best be described as extraordinary. We earned a coveted national quality award for patient care, welcomed more students than ever before, continued our efforts to halt catastrophic diseases, received an additional $6 million in research dollars and expanded our footprint and our opportunities to serve the people of Texas and beyond.
But our remarkable gains were bookmarked by two calamities—a harrowing fire at John Sealy Hospital in early January and Hurricane Harvey in late August—both of which demonstrated the strength and resilience of our most valuable resource—the people who are part of our UTMB family.
Extraordinary circumstances require an extraordinary response. Thus, our executive leadership team is pleased to recognize your above-and-beyond contributions in FY17 with a Team Award payment in the amount of $750 for each eligible employee.
Team Awards will be paid on Nov. 3, 2017, to those who:
- completed at least six months of continuous active employment (actual hours worked) during FY17 in a benefits-eligible Classified, CMC, Non-Teaching, Resident and/or A&P position,
- were benefits-eligible as of Aug. 31, 2017,
- did not participate in the Faculty Compensation Plan, the At-Risk Compensation Plan or any other incentive plan in FY17,
- if under a formal corrective action plan at any time in FY17, have documented performance improvement by Aug. 31, 2017, as determined by their supervisor,
- did not receive an overall performance rating of “Does Not Meet” on their FY17 annual employee evaluation, and
- are employed by UTMB on the payout date.
Team Awards are paid from non-state funds and will not affect any employee’s eligibility for future pay increases. For details on the FY17 Team Awards, please refer to these frequently asked questions.
Please accept our genuine thanks for your past and continued service to UTMB. We are proud and truly fortunate to work with people who contribute so much and care so much about our beloved institution and those we serve.
Dr. David L. Callender
Dr. Danny O. Jacobs
Executive Vice President and Provost
Dean, School of Medicine
Ms. Cheryl A. Sadro
Executive Vice President and Chief Business and Finance Officer
Ms. Donna K. Sollenberger
Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer
UTMB Health System