On Saturday, June 4, 2016, UTMB Health opened a new hospital complete with inpatient and emergency care at its League City Campus. The first full-service hospital in League City, it offers advanced health care to patients from throughout the region, in a soothing, healing environment designed by patients, families and staff. Each private, state-of-the-art patient room supports a team-based, patient- and family-centered approach to care.
Among the services offered, the site features exceptional care for mothers and their healthy newborns in spacious Labor, Delivery & Recovery rooms. Here, families stay in the same room throughout their birthing experience. In addition, athletes, children, active adults and seniors will benefit from a newly relocated Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation clinic, offering customized care from certified experts for a wide range of conditions. Personalized treatment plans include using the latest equipment and therapies, such as a special indoor turf field.
A 24-Hour Emergency Department is equipped with CT, X-Ray, ultrasound, and MRI capabilities, full diagnostics lab and respiratory services, as well as a telemetry monitoring system, enabling patients to have freedom of mobility.
The League City Campus had its start in May 2010, when the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) opened the well-received Specialty Care Center at Victory Lakes, offering outpatient specialty care and surgical services in a beautiful and modern two-story, 110,000 square feet complex.
The UTMB League City Campus is a master-planned campus and an extension of UTMB Galveston. Additional patient floors and a second patient tower will include intensive care units, expanded medical and surgical specialty care and expanded procedural and diagnostic care areas.
- $82 million investment
- 150,000 square feet with three floors
- Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum unit with specialty care for moms and newborns
- Emergency Department with 10 rooms and complete diagnostics lab
- 20 medical/surgery patient rooms
- Four Endoscopy suites
- 10 Operating Rooms
- Two Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Healing environment with marina-themed artwork reflecting the community
- Lori’s Gifts (gift shop) with grab-and-go food/snacks
- Room service with custom-prepared meals
- Retail pharmacy
- Complimentary parking
Hospital Features, Amenities and LDRPs
The League City Campus hospital was designed using evidence-based principles to enhance patient well-being and improve outcomes. The architectural, décor and design features are reflective of a healing environment and a hospital that cares for the patient’s mind, body and spirit. Marina-themed artwork representing the community contributes to the hospital’s healing environment. (select for more)
- Sofa bed in each patient room for an overnight guest
- Dedicated family refrigerator in each room
- Locking drawer for valuables in each room
- Patient lifts
- Patient rooms divided into distinct zones for staff, patients and families
- Private patient rooms that exceed the national standard for noise reduction
- Large windows
- Large patient restrooms with hairdryer and make up mirrors
- Free Wi-Fi
Labor, Delivery, Recovery Mother/Baby Rooms
- UTMB League City Campus offers exceptional care for mothers and their healthy newborns in spacious LDRP rooms. Here, families stay in the same room throughout their birthing experience and Mother-Baby stay.
- Birthing suites designed with significant input from patients, nursing staff and physicians
- Oversized room for mom and baby to stay together
- Large, private bathroom in each room designed to accommodate mom’s personal belongings
- Free Wi-Fi, comfortable sofa-bed, rocking glider chair, oversized windows
- Controlled lighting in each area of the room (mom’s bed, bassinet area, family area)
- Nursery with private “teaching” room
- Additional counter space for mom’s flowers and gifts
- Nurse practitioner (Neonatal) on staff 24/7