- Launched in 2002.
- Building on community collaboration and learner input.
- Meeting unmet needs without duplicating existing programs.
- Linking learners to UTMB and community resources.
- Serving in Osher National Network of 119 OLLIs nationwide.
- Affiliate of National Institutes for Learning in Retirement Network/Road Scholar.
- Recipient of three consecutive annual grants and a 2008 endowment of 1 million dollars from the Bernard Osher Foundation.
Internal and External Support
OLLI at UTMB Health is supported by UTMB, endowed by the Bernard Osher Foundation, and receives funding from other foundations and individual personal contributions.