Travel Medicine Clinic for
Adults and Children
- The Pediatric Specialty Clinics at UTMB offer Travel Medicine consultations for children and adults
- Areas of high risk travel include all countries in the tropics and other underdeveloped countries, and rapidly developing countries such as China, Brazil, India and Mexico
- High risk activities, including mountain climbing, diving and trekking
- 4-6 weeks before your trip
What services are offered?
- Extensive counseling on health precautions during foreign travel
- Country-specific written brochures
- Administration of appropriate preventive vaccines
- Pharmacy prescriptions for prevention and treatment of travel-related diseases
- Hepatitis A and B, typhoid, tetanus, Yellow Fever, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, and more..
How much does it cost?
- Charges include the costs to consult with the infectious disease specialist and to receive vaccines
- All charges require immediate payment by cash, credit card or check
- An estimate will be given about the costs when the appointment is scheduled
How do you make an appointment?
- Please call 409-772-2798 to refer patients and schedule appointments. Patients can call to discuss the travel itinerary and to obtain cost estimates
- Appointments at least 4 weeks prior to travel are recommended, however, patients can be accommodated at later dates as well
When and where is the clinic?