During the COVID19 pandemic, the UTMB Pediatrics Residency has continued to prioritize patient safety, resident safety, and resident wellness. We have and continue to implement processes and procedures to ensure the safety and wellness of our residents.
- All staff at UTMB are required to mask upon entry to any campus building, including non-clinical areas.
- Patients are required to mask upon entry into any UTMB facility.
- All patients receive COVID-19 testing on admission and prior to invasive procedures. Patients positive for COVID -19 are placed under specific COVID precautions.
- All staff are required to be FIT tested annually for N95 masks and trained on proper donning and doffing of PPE.
- As able, clinical assignments are adjusted to accommodate residents who are most at-risk.
- Residents with a COVID-19 exposure or symptoms have access to rapid, expedited tested. UTMB has clear protocols in place for isolation/return to work.
- Vacation time is protected to ensure resident wellness is maintained.
- Resident salaries have not been affected by COVID.
- All didactic sessions including Morning Report, Grand Rounds, and Academic Half Day have transitioned to virtual platforms.
We are in a continual state of reassessment and surveillance of our policies regarding didactics, program-sponsored events, and resident activities to ensure the health and safety of our program trainees. We look forward to the return of a new normal but will continue to wait with vigilance.