As many businesses and other facilities are reopening in Texas and across the country, it is important for employers to protect their employees and clients and provide a safe and healthy work environment.
Some important things for employers and businesses to keep in mind:
- Remind employees to wear cloth face coverings, especially in common areas
- Identify areas where employees could have close contact with others (meeting rooms, classrooms, break rooms, waiting areas, entrances/exits, etc.) and make arrangements to help people maintain social distancing
- Routinely clean and disinfect surfaces
- Ensure that there is an adequate supply of soap, paper towels, hand sanitizer, & cleaning products
- Encourage any employee who has COVID-19 symptoms (or lives with someone who has symptoms) to stay home