FY16 was a remarkable year for UTMB that included the opening of two new hospitals, significant research breakthroughs and expanded enrollments in our schools of Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions and Graduate Biomedical Sciences. Achievements like these can only happen when every member of the UTMB community works together to fulfill our mission in the most productive, effective way.
In analyzing final projections for the university's FY16 financial results, the executive leadership team has determined that our positive margin for the year can accommodate a one-time $625 Team Award payment for eligible employees. Team Awards recognize the collective efforts and contributions of our workforce, and we are pleased to be able to offer them for the third consecutive year.
Team Awards will be paid on Nov. 4, 2016, to those who:
- were benefits eligible for the duration of their employment with UTMB in FY16,
- completed at least six months of continuous active employment with UTMB as of Aug. 31, 2016,
- did not participate in the Faculty Compensation Plan, the At-Risk Compensation Plan or any other incentive plan in FY16,
- if under a formal corrective action plan at any time in FY16, have documented performance improvement by Aug. 31, 2016, as determined by their supervisor,
- did not receive an overall performance rating of "Does Not Meet" on their FY16 annual employee evaluation, and
- are employed by UTMB on the payout date.
Please know that Team Awards are paid from non-state funds and will not affect any employee's eligibility for future pay increases. For details on the FY16 Team Awards, please refer to these frequently asked questions.
We would like to express our heartfelt thanks for all you do to serve and support UTMB. We are truly fortunate to work with such talented, dedicated people, and we look forward to another successful year.
David L. Callender, MD, MBA, FACS
Danny O. Jacobs, MD, MPH, FACS
Executive Vice President and Provost and
Dean, School of Medicine,
Thomas N. & Gleaves T. James Distinguished Chair
Donna K. Sollenberger, MA
Executive Vice President,
Chief Executive Officer
UTMB Health System
Cheryl A. Sadro, CPA, MSM
Executive Vice President and
Chief Business & Finance Officer