Individuals should have a PhD degree (or equivalent, ScD) and no more than two years of postdoctoral training in a rehabilitation-related field:
- Rehabilitation medicine/science
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Exercise sciences
- Human factor engineering/design
- Rehabilitation/clinical psychology
Individuals with clinical doctorates (e.g., MD, DPT, OTD) are also eligible to apply. Typically, individuals with clinical doctorates recently completed clinical training/residency and have less research experience. These fellows will be required to complete supplemental course work in research design and statistics.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the required documentation described below.
- Narrative (not to exceed 3 pages) describing the individual's research interests and goals for the postdoctoral experience.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from the institution granting the doctoral degree. Individuals who have not officially graduated must provide confirmation from the university that all degree requirements have been completed.
- Two letters of reference from persons who can comment directly on the individual's ability to successfully complete postdoctoral research training. Letters can be included with the application materials or sent directly by the referee.
Funding and Duration
Postdoctoral fellowship positions are supported for 1-3 years, contingent upon the availability of funds. Initial stipends range from $53,760 - $54,540, depending on previous experience.
Funding is provided by the Center for Recovery, Physical Activity and Nutrition, various research grants and university endowments.