Individuals should have a PhD degree (or
equivalent, ScD) and no more than two years of postdoctoral training in a
- Rehabilitation medicine/science
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Exercise sciences
- Human factor engineering/design
- Rehabilitation/clinical psychology
Individuals with clinical doctorates (e.g., MD,
DPT, OTD) are also eligible to apply. Typically, individuals with
clinical doctorates recently completed clinical training/residency and
have less research experience. These fellows will be required to
complete supplemental course work in research design and statistics.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the required documentation described below.
- Narrative (not to exceed 3 pages) describing the individual's research interests and goals for the postdoctoral experience.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from the institution
granting the doctoral degree. Individuals who have not officially
graduated must provide confirmation from the university that all degree
requirements have been completed.
- Two letters of reference from persons who can
comment directly on the individual's ability to successfully complete
postdoctoral research training. Letters can be included with the
application materials or sent directly by the referee.
Funding and Duration
Postdoctoral fellowship positions are supported for 1-3 years,
contingent upon the availability of funds. Initial stipends range from
$47,000 to $49,000, depending on previous experience.
Funding is provided by the Center for Recovery, Physical Activity and Nutrition, various research grants and university endowments.