The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine invites you to nominate experts to serve on the committee to guide the Ocean Studies Board to provide an update of the 2003 report: Oil in the Sea III: Inputs, Fates, and Effects. Oil in the Sea IV aims to identify, categorize, and quantify sources of hydrocarbons (and their chemical composition) with an emphasis on North American waters and assess the state of the science on the fate and effects of fossil fuel hydrocarbons in the marine environment.
They are looking for individuals with expertise in the following fields:
- oil and gas production and transportation
- wastewater management
- marine geology and geochemistry
- physical and chemical oceanography
- atmospheric chemistry
- hydrocarbon toxicology
- coastal and marine ecology
- quantitative environmental assessment
- ecological risk assessment
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 15, 2020
to view the full statement of task.