Giving Birth at UTMB
Every birth is special. The care you will receive at UTMB is designed to give you, your baby and your family a safe and satisfying birth experience. We consider it an honor to be part of the birth of your baby.
UTMB provides a family-centered child birth experience that includes labor, delivery and recovery in a comfortable setting for normal and low-risk maternity patients. For high risk pregnancies or for those who experience complications, UTMB has specialists available 24 hours a day for both mother and baby.
The UTMB Birth Team includes:
- Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM) care for normal and low-risk maternity patients
- Obstetricians care for selected maternity patients
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists are always available to provide care for high-risk maternity patients.
- Registered nurses who are specially trained in mother-baby care
- Neonatologists and Pediatricians provide expert newborn care
- Anesthesiologists are available, in-house, 24 hours a day to provide anesthesia (including epidurals).
- Spanish speaking staff