The Sealy Center on Aging (SCoA) focuses on improving the health and well-being of the elderly through interdisciplinary research, education, and community service by integrating the resources and activities relevant to aging at UTMB.
The Center also implements our research findings in hospitals and clinics, bringing excellence and visibility to our health care system, and improving the health of our seniors.
Elena Volpi, MD, PhD, Daisy Emery Allen Distinguished Chair in Geriatric Medicine and Professor in the Departments of Internal Medicine - Geriatrics, Neuroscience & Cell Biology and Nutrition & Metabolism.
Quick Links Research Programs Supported by SCoA
- World Health Organization/Pan American Health Organization
- The Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center
- Comparative Effectiveness Research on Cancer in Texas
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research in the Elderly
- Mexican Health and Aging Study
- Hispanic Established Populations for the Epidemiologic Studies of the Elderly