Office of Admissions and Recruitment
The UTMB John Sealy School of Medicine, Office of Admissions and Recruitment will host a Virtual FALL Premedical Conference on Saturday, November 13, 2021 from 10am-2pm CST. Please join us as we share valuable resources and admissions advice for
prospective medical and physician assistant applicants as you develop the necessary skills to be successful in the admissions process.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- receive tips on writing a personal statement and interviewing skills
- explore our Physician Assistant Studies program and how to become a competitive applicant for the program
- discover exciting online resources for pre-health students presented by the Texas Health Education Service
- ask questions about life as a medical and physician assistant student at UTMB
- reflect on what kind of healer you want to become
ALL PreMed, PostBacc, Undergrad, and High School Students, Faculty, Teachers and/ or parents who want to learn more about UTMB School of Medicine
What we hope you learn:
We plan to share information and resources that will prepare you for a career in medicine.
When will this take place?
Saturday, November 13 from 10am – 2pm CST
Where can we meet?
It’s a ZOOM Meeting! As long as you have internet access, you can participate from anywhere. (Zoom meeting reminder will be sent the night before the event)Register Here
PAST Conference: MAY 2021 Series Topics
May 4 from 3-4pm CST
Meet the UTMB SOM Admissions & Recruitment Staff and learn "How to Become a Competitive Applicant"
with Dr. Pierre Banks, SOM Senior Director for Admissions and Recruitment
May 11 from 3-4pm CST
UTMB SOM Curriculum
with Dr. Lisa Elferink, SOM Assistant Dean for Educational Affairs
May 18 from 3-4pm CST
Be More: Medical Student Life is All About Balance
with the Office of Student Life and a select group of Student Organizations
May 25 from 3-4pm CST
Medical Student Panel
with a diverse group of our UTMB Medical Students