“We believe that these values, when applied, result in us putting partners’ interests first and earning trust, which is sorely needed if we are to work together on creating a safer, cleaner, and healthier world for all.”
— Matthew Dacso, MD, MSc, FACP, Chair ad interim
Vision, Mission, and Values
- Our vision is to create resilient health systems that support health promotion and improve health for all.
- Our mission is to advance innovative programs that strengthen health systems through global engagement, cutting-edge research, high-quality training, and translation of policy into practice.
To achieve our mission and vision, we will develop collaborative initiatives focused on:
- Engagement: Building strategic partnerships across diverse stakeholder organizations operating at local, national, and international levels
- Research: Contributing to the development of evidence-driven policies, programs, and interventions by allowing our research to inform change
- Training: Strengthening the capacity of the global health workforce through innovative multidisciplinary training programs
- Policy and Practice: Generating models for change by supporting scalable public health practice activities
Our values are:
- Equity: We acknowledge the historical, political, and structural factors that have generated global health disparities and work to address them through authentic engagements
- Partnership: We leverage our resources to meet the needs of the communities with whom we work by engaging as allies in bidirectional programs
- Respect: We work alongside partners to address current and emerging health challenges with humility, integrity, and dedication