Student Health to Begin Billing Medical Insurance Effective September 1, 2016
Student Health and Counseling provides primary care for enrolled students, with an emphasis on wellness and prevention, stressing each student's personal responsibility for health.
How to Schedule An Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a nurse for immunizations, titers, or tuberculosis screening (PPD), you can conveniently do so online at https://mychart.utmb.edu/mychart/openscheduling
or call (409) 747-9508.
All Services Provided
- Screening for and provision of required immunizations, titers, and TB skin testing
- Certification of required immunizations
- Students may email the address below or fax to submit their immunization information. This step is required in order to register for classes.
- email@example.com or fax to (409) 747-9330
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
- Meningitis Requirements (PDF)
- Assessment and treatment of occupational exposures to blood and body fluids or other communicable diseases ( no appointment needed)
- Primary care
- Evaluation and treatment of minor illnesses and injury
- Upper respiratory infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Referrals to specialty clinics
- Referral for x-ray and other radiology services as needed
- Mask Fit Clearance
- Research Lab Clearance
- Well Woman Exams/Pap Smears
- Contraception Management
- Well Male Exams
- Management of chronic stable disease (asthma, diabetes, hypertension)
- Prescription refills
- Travel medications and immunizations: Check the Center for Disease Control website (CDC)
After Hours Care
After hours, weekends, and holidays you may call the Access Center at 1-(800) 917-8906, or (409) 772-2222. Telephone triage is provided by the Access Center and physician backup consultation is available. Emergency Room and hospitalization costs are the student's responsibility.