Student Health to Begin Billing Medical Insurance Effective September 1, 2016.
Student Health Insurance
- Students are automatically enrolled in the Student Healh Insurance Program with the option to opt out with verification of comprable insurance coverage.
- Health Insurance coverage is mandated for all UTMB students.
- Failure to maintain health insurance coverage can result in cancellation of your registration.
- If labs or x-rays are ordered by our providers UTMB hospital will bill insurance & file the claim
- Any Co-pays, deductibles, or fees surrounding ancillary charges are the financial responsibility of the student
- The student tuition billed medical service fee is not health insurance coverage.
Click link below for information on the University of Texas System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan:
What may not be covered?
This is determined by your insurance provider, call your insurance provider before your scheduled appointment for verification.
(There is a number on the back of your insurance card that will provide your providers contact number for coverage verification.)