Student Health to Begin Billing Medical Insurance Effective September 1, 2016.
Student Health Insurance
- Students are automatically enrolled in the Student Healh Insurance Program with the option to opt out with verification of comprable insurance coverage.
- Health Insurance coverage is mandated for all UTMB students.
- Failure to maintain health insurance coverage can result in cancellation of your registration.
- If labs or x-rays are ordered by our providers UTMB hospital will bill insurance & file the claim
- Any Co-pays, deductibles, or fees surrounding ancillary charges are the financial responsibility of the student
- The student tuition billed medical service fee is not health insurance coverage. This fee covers all provider visits at Student and Health and Counseling
Click link below for information on the University of Texas System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan:
Insurance Providers Accepted
What may not be covered?
This is determined by your insurance provider, call your insurance provider before your scheduled appointment for verification.
(There is a number on the back of your insurance card that will provide your providers contact number for coverage verification.)